Paige Pearson says so long Wisconsin…

August 17th, 2011 at 8:01 pm by under Sports

FOX 11′s Paige Pearson is moving on in her career, but before she goes, she says goodbye

Seven years ago I knew very little about the Badger state. I had no clue how to pronounce Oconomowoc. I didn’t know “Get up, get outta here! Gone!” was a favorite saying. I had never tasted deer chislic or a cream puff. And, I had no idea that green and gold flowed through many natives’ veins.

During those seven years I grew to love the state of Wisconsin. There’s nothing like watching a Bo Ryan blowup at the Kohl Center or a Prince Fielder bomb that Miller Park can barely contain. There’s nothing like listening to Mike McCarthy talk about “passion” or Matt Bollant discuss the “Green Bay way”. There’s nothing like feeling the Brown County Arena floor shake with anticipation during a basketball sectional final or the reverberation from the Lambeau Field sound system after Aaron Rodgers darts into the endzone.

I have enjoyed each and every one of those moments and many others. I have enjoyed the people of Wisconsin even more. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to tell some of Wisconsin’s most terrific sports stories. Thank you for embracing this South Dakota girl who wanted nothing more than to do do a good job and be a credible source. To my colleagues, thank you for your friendship. I have learned so much from so many of you.

The next chapter of my life will be very different. I have accepted the PR Manager position with the Omaha Symphony. I am so very excited about this opportunity. Connecting with people is my passion and this is simply another avenue to engage in that.

With that, so long Wisconsin. You’ve been very good to me, and I hope I’ve been good to you.

Sincerely,

Paige

P.S. I will continue to interact on Twitter (@PAIGER33) and sports will be a major point of emphasis.

Tags: , , , ,

13 Responses to “Paige Pearson says so long Wisconsin…”

1. Julie and Mike Meyer says:

Paige,

Best wishes to you on your new adventure. We know you will do very well! Being closer to mom and dad has its benefits too!

Much success and happiness to you,

Julie and Mike

1. Paige says:

Thanks Julie and Mike! Much love to you two!

2. mike schultz says:

Hey Paige,

I’m an ex-patriot of sorts having left the WI winter for North Carolina. I started following you on Twitter, probably because of some retweets by Jason Wilde. In a way, I feel like I have come to know you. Anyway, I’ll enjoy watching your new adventure (and no, I won’t unfollow you). It will be interesting to hear the perspective of a Nebraskan as they experience the Big Ten (twelve)…

1. Paige says:

Thanks, Mike! Twitter has been a wonderful avenue to communicate! Glad you’ll keep following!

3. Brevin and Cassell Teeters says:

Good luck Paige. We have enjoyed watching you bring us sports highlights for quite some time. We remember you when TV13 was your home in our town of Eau Claire. Good luck and take care.

1. Paige says:

Thanks Brevin and Cassell!. Loved my time in Eau Claire!

4. Jersey Al says:

Congratulations on the new gig and best of luck. The Packers’ blogosphere will miss you.

1. Paige says:

Ah, Al. You’re a good egg! Appreciate your well wishes!

5. Hadley says:

This is great, Paige. I am sure WI will miss you dearly! Good luck in your new state & don’t forget to visit MN every once in awhile :-)

1. Paige says:

Thank you dear friend! Love to you!

6. Packerbren says:

It was soooo great to have a woman reporting the sporting news…you did a great job, and we will miss you! You were always smiling, with a positive attitude, no matter what the good/bad news was…I wish you the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Mike says:

Good luck in your next job, We have enjoyed watching report on the sports news.

8. heather l says:

good luck in your next job. we are miss you when you leave. we have
    enjoyed watching you report sports news on fox 11 news wluk.